As one of the biggest social media platforms on the internet, Twitter is one of the best places to grow a small business’s exposure; nonetheless, thousands of tweets get churned out every second. Hence, due to the extremely fast-paced nature of the platform, it is vital to incorporate several clever Twitter strategies to increase engagements and reach more and more users daily
Clean presentation is key
A good, memorable presentation of your small business on Twitter entails the following:
- A recognizable, easy-to-remember Twitter handle, keeping it short and sweet while avoiding pointless numbers and punctuation.
- Using your small business’s logo as the profile picture is instrumental; it would be even better if the image comes out clearly when compressed, as you’ll be getting users from various devices.
- Do not underestimate the importance of a solid Twitter bio. This feature explains to potential new customers who you are and what your business can do for them. Implementing a little targeted flair or humor can help as well.
The most crucial facet of running a successful, engagement-rich Twitter business account lies in its tweet strategy. Identifying what times of day or days of the week your targeted audience is more active on the platform and setting up a tweet schedule based on your findings can go a long way towards increasing impressions, engagements, and clicks.
Setting up content pillars, which define the kinds of content churned out in your tweets, is also paramount. These buckets help you create a calendar of published content instead of putting it together on the fly, make the process of coming up with fresh ideas less tedious, and aids with the targeting of specific audiences. Here are more tips on crafting memorable tweets for your audience, as well as various other tweet strategies.
Consistent engagement with your followers is essential towards growing a vivid, welcoming buzz around your small business.
- Responding to followers — through liking, commenting, or mentioning them in your tweets — is a great way to interact with them.
- Asking for feedback through polls or tweeting out questions for your followers to respond has the nested benefit of receiving honest criticism and positive engagement.
- Following other people or businesses within your industry allows you to stay in touch with the latest happenings; in case of a surprise follow-back, it helps build an even larger community.
For every engagement and follower-rich Twitter business account, there lies a clever marketing strategy. Slim Jim’s page is a great example, as its relatable, trend-oriented content targets teenagers and stays in touch with the latest social media fads. With tweet strategies such as good presentation, lively tweeting, and attentive engagement, Twitter might serve as a handy tool to increase the exposure of your small business.