First 90 Days Coaching
How to navigate your first 90 days in a new job
Did you know that 90% of new managers fail in the first 18 months of starting new jobs?
If you are like most successful people I know who have a great track record in their careers and have just landed the perfect new job… you might be filled with a mix of emotions.
On one hand…
- You’re excited about the new opportunity and a chance to prove your worth.
- You’re up for the challenge and opportunity to learn in this new role.
- You like what you’ve seen of the organization culture.
At the same time, you might be secretly saying to yourself…
- Yikes! I’ve sold myself into a job that’s more than I can do. I’m sure I’m going to fail.
- I’ve got way too much to do to get up to speed and do my job. I’ll never be able to get it all done!
- They’re going to find out that I don’t know as much as I’ve told them I know.
- I have no supporters where I’m going. I’ll be ALL alone.
- This place might not really be like they’ve been saying it is and I might be miserable in the new culture.
If you are taking on a challenging new role or moving to a new organization and experiencing enormous pressure to perform, you might be asking yourself:
“How can I…”
- quickly adapt to a new industry that greatly differs from my previous experiences?
- successfully integrate with my new team?
- stretch myself up to this new role effectively and within an efficient timeframe?
- get support to improve my time management and organization skills without revealing a weakness?
- leverage my strengths in this new role and pursue my own career development goals?
- have a “safe place” to address my concerns about this new position and this transition?
- build my resilience during a stressful time?
- develop a clear action plan for my first three to six months?
It’s a fact: Not every employee can lead effectively and research shows that approximately 40% of new leaders fail within 18 months of accepting a new leadership role.
If you have recently been promoted or taken on a new, challenging leadership role, but are feeling a little anxious about your responsibilities or just keen to put your best foot forward, executive career coaching can be a very useful process to mentor you through the first 90 days of being a manager.
A professional can help you achieve success in your new role in a more powerful, focused, and often quicker way than you would on your own.
Who should use it?
Executives who are about to start a new role, either through promotion or business move.
This is what we’ll do in 90 Days:
- Negotiate expectations with key stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for early wins
- Build your plan/ establish your vision
- Assess the strength of your team
- Avoid speed bumps that knock new leaders off the rails
- Adapt successful transition techniques to personal style
- Enhance communication skills to build relationships
- Create lasting shifts in spite of challenges of first 100-days
- Build resilience
What are the deliverables and outcomes?
Specific intended results and success measures are developed with each individual and are likely to include:
- Key priorities for the business understood and early wins secured
- Structure defined, both personal and performance targets and objectives set for direct reports
- Effective working relationships established with the key stakeholders and broader network
What is your investment?
I understand that, whether you are an executive in a new role at the top, middle level, or leading a project, coaching face to face may not be practical and therefore I will tailor the First 90 Days Programme to your specific needs.
The investment varies from £600 to £1500 for 3 months, depending on the level of support you need.
Here’s What My Clients are Saying…
A very enjoyable experience, with a pleasant person. Worth every penny. I gladly recommend Margaret Buj as an Interview Coach to anyone in a similar situation.
So whatever happens, I’m much more confident in interview situations…so glad I had the training. The material you sent was also very useful.
Margaret Buj is an Interview Coach who’s helped hundreds of professionals across Europe and the US get the jobs and promotions they really wanted.
Margaret also has 12 years of experience recruiting for a variety of positions at all levels across Europe and in the US, primarily in technology and e-commerce sectors.
She’s been featured in Cosmopolitan magazine, interviewed for Financial Times and Management Today and has written 2 e-books related to job search and successful interviewing.